Sunday, July 27, 2014

2014 BUSC Recap Part 3: The Championship!

Sunday was race day!  The weather was very warm and much more humid that this Arizona boy is accustomed to.  The day started off with Todd and I riding the Metro to RFK Stadium.  I was wearing a tweed-ish jacket that I bought at a thrift shop, while Todd was decked out with his Beetlejuice / referee / zebra outfit.






We arrived at the race site just before the crowd that left from BicycleSpace.  It was really starting to warm up by the time the race got started.






I was pretty slow during the race... much slower than last year.  I hadn't been able to ride the Brommies nearly as much as I wanted to this year, plus I had just come back from two weeks in Brazil (excuses, excuses).  All of that in addition to the heat and humidity.  Regardless, I still had fun and I didn't put a foot down, which became my impromptu goal during the first lap.

Here is my on-bike GoPro footage (note that Luke from Calhoun Cycles is yelling my name every time he passes me):

Official BUSC 2014 recap video from BicycleSpace:

I unfortunately missed the fastest folding contest and the best dressed announcement as I was waiting to get a wonderful panini from a food truck that was out there.  Oh well.  As always, it was a blast and I hope to be able to do it again next year!


Joe in DC Flickr gallery:  

Calhoun Cycle Flickr gallery:  

Calhoun Cycle blogpost: 

MrTinDC Flickr gallery:  

Marty's entry in The Brompton Diaries: 

Photo gallery from Amy Ta: 

1 comment:

  1. Another great report, Fernando.
    Looks like y'all had a great time.
    And, 'most importantly', looked very dapper!

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete