Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bisbee Bicycle Brothel

I tagged along on a trip to the Bisbee Bicycle Brothel with HT from the Tucson Brompton Meetup group.  She had bought a 42cm frame and was going to pick it up.  The shop is a very cool collection of vintage bikes and collectables and Ken (the owner) is a cool guy who has probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about biking history.



Unfortunately for us, Ken is closing the physical store / museum to enjoy travelling and other pursuits.   Here's the Tucson Velo write-up about the closing of the store. I'm not certain exactly when his doors are closing, but if you are anywhere in the area, I recommend you take a visit before Ken closes his doors for good.  Don't fret if you can't get there though, because Ken will still be selling stuff online.

While HT and Ken were chatting I was checking out the wall of photographs and saw this guy...

Brompton World Championship 2008 flyer
I had already discussed with Ken that HT and I ride Bromptons, and when I hollered out at HT to check this out, Ken said I could have it.  Whaaaaat?!?!  I promised Ken that if a similar flyer is available for this year's US Championship that I'd send it down to him.

Thanks for the good time Ken!

1 comment:

  1. minor correction: it's a 44cm frame. kudos to tucson velo for the write-up as i had previously not heard of the shop. so glad i was able to meet ken and see his awesome collection!

    ReplyDelete