Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Commuting by necessity

So, my car has been in the shop for the last couple of days for some major maintenance (water pump and timing belt), so I've had to ride the 17 miles each way on the Brompton.  Having the Brompton has been very handy in this situation... I was able to drive to the auto shop, then bike away.  And I'll be able to stuff my bike into my co-worker's Camaro when the car is ready to be picked up.

However, I gotta say that I've feeling pretty beat, primarily because it's been really chilly in the mornings (mid-30's F is chilly for Arizona).  That, and my knee's been bugging me... I've changed my setup a little bit, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

My car should be ready to pick up after work tomorrow.  As much as I like to ride, it'll be nice to take a few days off.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the cold. Seems like we're a bit warmer up here in Phoenix but then I usually don't get up very early so it's already warmed up a bit. I really dislike cycling when it's any colder than about 50 degrees.

    As for the knee pain, I've noticed that very small changes can yield large results. For example, I have toe straps on my hybrid bike that keep my foot straight. But when I'm on my Brompton I tent to point my toes inward VERY slightly. After a bit I can feel my knees aching. I straighten my feet and the pain goes away. And I'm sure my impending 55th birthday has NOTHING to do with those aches and pains. :)

    ReplyDelete